Monday, January 4, 2021

Blog Update: New Pages


My bobbins.

For the new year, I updated this blog's pages (accessible on the upper right-hand side of the mainpage).

Fabric and Craft Supplies saw the removal of a few (unfortunately now defunct) links, and several new suppliers added. These are lists of places where I've had luck finding suitable fabrics or hard-to-source supplies before. I have no association with any of these vendors.

I've updated the Research IndexHistoric CosmeticsHair-Dressing TutorialsBook Reviews, and Completed Projects pages to include posts from the last few months. Or eons. Whatever 2020 was.

I've also finally launched three new pages that have been languishing in the draft folder:

Material Culture has my master-list of links to museum collections, and other online resources for studying material culture. When the plague's over, I highly recommend research appointments at your local museum or historical society, because there is some cool stuff out there (not to mention valuable construction information from seeing interior views and alternative angles).

Living History Activities is a list of things to do at living history events. It mostly exists to remind me of my options when a weekend event is coming up, and I can't decide what to pack.

Living History Philosophy and Practice is where I've been stashing links to essays I found insightful on the whys and hows of interpretation. There's also a section on the Book Review page devoted to this topic. Some of my opinion pieces are also included, on the off chance anyone's looking for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!