Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Tufted Hood, Leafy

Black wool hood with white tufts, faced, bound and with ties made of orange calico (leaf motif on narrow striped ground).
Tufted Hood
I made some warm hoods for my co-workers; most are from Liz Clark's tufted hood sunbonnet variation, as mentioned in my "Dressing for Winter" post.  I tried to make each a little bit different.

This first one sticks most closely to the tufted hood project: it has a black wool exterior, and is lined and bound with orange calico (the "Leaf Duo"from Moda, which I previously used on a sunbonnet). I used wool batting for the wadding, and the layers are tied with white wool yarn. The front and back ties are both of narrow-hemmed calico.

After making three of these I realized the wool batting too thick for a project of this size (and drape). In the future, I should split the batting, or use a thinner one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!