Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Resolution Review

Looking back over the last year's costuming goals, it's time to see how they went.

  • 1570s: kirtle [post forthcoming], gown, 3 shifts, pair of comfortable garters
  • 18th century: cloak [post forthcoming], short gown
  • Regency: No goals, and none completed.
  • 1850s: new chemises and drawers. Also lots of corset mending.
  • 1873 ensemble: corset, bustle, petticoat, and dress
  • 1908/9 "Suffragette" ensemble: corset [post forthcoming], petticoat, suit, and hat.
  • 20th century: wool skirts, split skirt for the summer.
  • I made a few things on the knitting machine: stockings, muffatees, a rose.
  • I did not experiment with shoe making as much as I had hoped.

Other projects:

All told, I completed more than half of my planned projects, and a comparable amount of unplanned ones. The numbers improve when I reflect that I did, for instance, have a wearable 1909 ensemble for the event that needed one, even if it involved a petticoat from a different era, and didn't include a hat. The main hold-up with posting this year really came down to the actual photography and writing, which usually is the easiest part of the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!