Saturday, April 8, 2023

Corset, c.1895

Another for the railroad living history event. I needed to outfit our telegrapher for the 1890s. Unfortunately, my own corset for this approximate time was 1) barely started, and 2) going to be just a bit small for the lady in question. Instead, I ended up scaling up my custom pattern, and then fitting it to the volunteer. She found it comfortable, and I found it easy to drape a toile over, so I'm calling this a win-win situation.

 


The corset is from a double-layer of coutil, which I sourced from Renaissance Fabrics. The busk and 1/4" steel boning (and pair of spiral bones for the front curve) were purchased at Wawak. The grommets are from the two gross I purchased at my favorite neighborhood hardware store many years ago (RIP Hardwicks). Self-fabric binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!