Thursday, April 27, 2023

Apron, c.1952

 I decided an apron would useful in my modern kitchen, and so decided to make vintage one. As you do.

Since it's not for living history use, I just pulled fabric scraps out of my stash rather than worrying about accurate prints.

Scrap fabric. Finding two that didn't clash horribly was a challenge.

 

The illustration.

For a pattern, I went with the apron from the Haslan Books of Drafts No. 8 Lingerie (c.1952) No actually pattern instructions are included, so I cut the fabric as indicated, and just sort of pieced it together. I opted to use double layers on the waistband, bib, and straps, which allows most of the raw edges to be encased. I felled the seam on the lower section which joins the blue trim to the print.  The back isn't show in the pattern, so I simply joined the straps to the waistband; I'm satisfied with how it's working so far.

Finished apron.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!