Saturday, December 30, 2023

December Mending

This has been the month of finishing projects, but it started it with a fair amount of mending for my 1850s Christmas events. I tore out the sleeves of my blue plaid (again!) at candlelight, so this time I took them off entirely, reattached the piping by hand, and then reset the sleeves (skipping the epaulets for want of time, on the assumption that I could re-cut them the next time I repair the sleeves). In an unexpected turn, the dress made it through both events with the sleeves intact. So now it just doesn't have sleeve caps. I also re-gauged half the skirt on that dress back in November (which also didn't get a write-up), and removed the watch-pocket at that time, since it had been hanging oddly.

My linen chemise got a new shoulder seam after I tore it out at the first event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!