Thursday, December 31, 2020

Revisiting 2020 Resolutions

This time last year, my intended projects were:

Embroidered coif and forehead cloth. Started and slowly progressing.
Tablet-woven garters
15th/16th century purse
Belt for 16th century garb
Turnshoes that fit better Ended up purchasing some that met my requirements.

18th century stays. Started. 
18th century petticoat.
Pockets. Did some reading on the subject.
One of the 18th century dress lengths I have lying around.

1800s/1810s Spencer
1810s Caped Pelisse

Some of the 1830s dress lengths I have lying around
Sleeve plumpers for 1830s use

1859 net cap
Fancy 1850s undersleeves These have been half-sewn since last January argh....
Black wool crinoline-era dress
Dancing slippers

1889 day dress
1880s/1890s corset [Custom pattern acquired]
1870s Natural Form Petticoats
1890s Petticoats
1879 Opera Gown
1897 Opera Gown

Draft Folder Below 100: Achieved August 30
Current drafts on this blog: 72


Additional projects:

Fixed up both my 16th century smocks.
Made somewhat in excess of 100 cloth masks in various styles.
Red printed cotton Regency dress (for an event cancelled right at the beginning of the pandemic).
Finished the Berlinwork card case.
Not costumes, but I tried hair lacing, iron age hairpins, and Roman hairstyling.
Also sewed two sewing kits and whole doll's wardrobe.
Wove a woolen shawl.
Finally made up the hand balls.
Made some shoe roses to match my red stripe evening gown.


I definitely fell behind on the costuming projects this year--for the first six months of the pandemic shutdown, I didn't really post any sewing except for masks. At the same time, all of the specific events I was sewing for were cancelled, so I didn't need any of the neglected projects right away.

I also didn't really do much of the hairdressing I hoped to get to. On the other hand, I found some different techniques to attempt (which were fun). I did complete all 26 Historic Food Fortnightly challenges, as well as staying reasonably on top of the books I hoped to review, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!