Saturday, December 26, 2020

Blackwork Coif Update

Compared to August, I haven't gotten much work done on this coif, but it seems to fly along as I'm actually working on it. Except for filling in the leaves, which is just annoying and never seem to space neatly. I do like the running stitches and diamonds on the acorns, though (and even the chain-stitch buds are pretty ok). 

A flat 16th century tulip-shaped coif with two rows of embroidered oak leaves and acorns.
Slowly progressing on the embroidery.

My goal for this project is to wear it to the 2021 Goode's Company Christmas Revel, plague-permitting. Wishing for any events before that honestly feels a little too close to tempting fate. Appropriately, I've mostly been working on it during our monthly book-club (virtual) meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!