Monday, January 31, 2022

January Mending

Not much to look at, but I am trying to be more timely in my mending this year and there's nothing like a scheduled blog post to hold me accountable. January flew by, so I only got a few small tasks done.

My quilted petticoat ties gave out when I last wore it, and needed to be replaced. A few stitches also secured a bit of the waistband which came loose, and an inch of the placket which worked free.


My pink half-apron has also seen some tough times. I ended up securing both pockets where the edges were coming loose, and reattaching the skirt to the waistband at two points where they detached. I also moved both buttons into better positions, so that I can actually fasten the apron with them, instead of knotting the waistband.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!