Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wimple Wednesday: 16th Century to 17th Century One-piece Coif

Based off the nine c.1590-1620 coifs in Patterns of Fashion 4, not to mention most of the ones in my research post. The coif is cut out flat, in a stylized tulip shape: the flat edge near the flared sides is seamed together, with the center portion gathered, while the opposite side has a cord run through the middle portion, for gathering about the back neck.

The author wearing a white coif over her hair; the back drawstrings tie around the coil of hair.
Still not got at this 'selfie' thing.
Perhaps I can train the cats to take flattering pictures....


I scaled it up some, since the largest coif in the book waas comically small once my hair came into play. I like where it sits along the hairline, but fear it's a touch too long along the sides (the rounded sections should be sitting closer to the ear than they currently are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!