Friday, August 30, 2019

Straw Plaiting Kit

Blue wavy-printed fabric case with a red wool felt needle page and three brown print pockets. One pocket contains a pair of scissors (secured with a purple ribbon through the handle loops), the other two contain two styles of straw splitter. Beside the case is a rounded board with straw plait wrapped around it.
Tools!

I'm rather pleased with my new straw-plaiting equipment. The metal (and wood) quarter-splitters were made by one of the Fort's blacksmith. I sewed the tool roll; the design is my own, inspired by various sewing rolls (and toiletry rolls, and work pockets, and rolled cases for surgical instruments). I'm actually proudest of the wooden spool thing, since I sawed it to size, and rounded the corners with a draw-knife--it's quite fun, and using the shave-horse looks cool when one is in skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!