Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024 Costuming Resolutions

My big goal for this year is not to be rushing projects at the last minute before an event. I either need to finish any new projects well in advance, or else I need to wear things I already have. For this purpose, I am going to plan that any new items are finished a month before the event I want it for, but will consider it a victory if nothing is finished less than a week before it is needed. 

Fortunately, I believe I'm starting the year with a pretty good supply of basics, except that I still need to make/repair my 19th century cotton stockings and finish those chemises. Unfortunately, I have a Twelfth Night event this week for which I really want to make a new Tudor partlet and sleeves.

My other big goal is to finish up items in my WIP pile, especially the ones that are already draped, cut, or under construction:

  • Summer-weight 1850s dress (green plaid)
  • Two 1850s chemises
  • Another pair of 1850s drawers
  • Dotted Swiss undersleeves
  • 1912 wrap cape
  • Wool and linen skirts/dresses for modern wear
  • Maybe the Tudor wool gown

In the same vein, let's see if I can whittle down the drafts folder here (maybe 80 is a more attainable goal?), and finish up the reviews I intended to write for books acquired in 2023.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!