Wednesday, September 9, 2020

New Ironing Board Cover

Finally down below 100 drafts on this blog. Huzzah!

In celebration, I decided to finally fix my ironing board. It's had an adventurous life so far, but the already-stained-and-somewhat-worn cover suffered a major mishap with a rotary cutter when I was cutting out masks this summer.

Ironing board on a tabletop; the ironing board has several large squares of material missing from its cover.
I was taught better than this. Honestly. 


Fortunately, while I was ransacking my stash for mask material, I can across two packs of thermal-insulating padding and some heat-resistant yardage. I believe these were inherited from my aunt's stash. After long years of waiting, their moment has come.


The same ironing board as before, but the stained and cut blue cover has been replaced by a flawless grey cover.
I (very professionally) fitted this with
knotted shoelaces as drawstrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!