Monday, March 26, 2018

Pillow Pin Cushion

From Anna Bauersmith's recovery pincushion pattern.

Pillow pincushion...well six little cushions.

I used cotton prints from my stash (this is a good project for using up tiny pieces), with wool roving for the stuffing.  As an experiment, I stuffed one of the cushions with emery for sharpening needles--while it does tend to weigh that side of the pincushion down, the effect is less pronounced than I expected.

Another view.
It's a cute little handful of a pin cushion, and made up very quickly.

4 comments:

  1. I love how this came out! The fabrics you picked are just wonderful for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the examples you included instructions, and want to try a fancier embroidered one next.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!