Thursday, April 27, 2017

Band Loom


Red, white and green narrow band woven on JK Seidel medieval-style tape loom.
First warp-faced band woven on the loom.
First project on my newest loom: a medieval-style tape loom from J.K. Seidel. It has a rigid heddle, which I used for the red, white, and green warp-faced cotton tape which constituted my first project.  The loom can also be warped for card weaving, which I hope to try over the summer.
Medieval-style band or tape loom with rigid heddle, made by JK Seidel.
On the loom.
Meanwhile, I'm experimenting with hand-woven fringe.  The narrow width of this loom makes it much more practical for this work than any of my others, but weaving with such fine thread is a slow process. The tension difficulties aren't helping, and so this is likely to be my only attempt at weaving fringe of this weight (unless I find a much smaller heddle).
Silk fringe being woven on a medieval-style band or tape loom with rigid heddle, made by JK Seidel.
An upcoming project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!